Thursday, October 22, 2009

GRANDPA'S MINOR STROKE


Yesterday, I was at school around 3 o'clock in Singing Class and my phone rang. It was my sister calling, and she had asked me where I was, I told her I was at school and she told me that grandpa was in the hospital. At that moment, I felt like losing control but I told myself that everything is going to be okay. My sister had told me he had hard time breathing and they had to rush to the hospital. She came to pick me up as soon as possible. I was so worried and afraid for my papa because it's been so long since he has been in the hospital and just hearing and seeing him in there made me think of death.

My papa is 79 years old . The last time I remember my papa in the hospital was when he had a minor stroke about two years ago. From then on, he has never been to the hospital for a long time since his minor stroke. And so yesterday my sisters and I went to the hospital to see him. We waited in the waiting room while my sister went in first to see him. He was sleeping so I didn't want to bother waking him up. The doctors told us that we had to wait until he was admitted to find him a room. So during that time I did my homework and thought only about my papa. Finally they found a room and we went up to see him. I walked in and seen him lying on the bed remembering back 2 years ago when he was lying the same way with all the wires strapped to his body and face on the hospital bed. It hurt me to see him there because I was afraid it was the last time I would see him. So I went up to him and gave him a hug and kiss and told him that he worried me and that I was scared. He told me "Pray for me." I wanted to cry so bad but I found the courage to hold my tears from falling. I told him "Okay papa, you be strong. I love you." "I love you too" he said.

All that worried and scared feeling in me faded away but I feel like its still there waiting to eat me up. But I believe in my heart that my papa will do well and live well. I love my papa with all my heart. He has made me laugh and enjoy every second I'm with him. Though there were hard times he had to deal with he still came through. I believe and pray to GOD that everything will be okay. For the time being he is alive and well until GOD calls him to go home. I love my papa and always will. In the Bible in the book Philippians 4:13 it says "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." I believe that if you believe and trust in GOD anything is possible. I know my papa believes in GOD and I know that GOD will give him the strength to survive. I love my papa dearly and I always will. I know that he will never fail with GOD on his side.

No comments:

Post a Comment